This woman's magazine that began in newsprint format on December 26, 1868; was sold to Orange Judd, who published it 1870-3. Edward Eggleston
was an editor during this period, and his book The Hoosier Schoolmaster
began in this magazine in 1871. It ceased publication about June, 1875. [LoC Microfilm 38788]
The title was revived by the Vickery & Hill publishing company
of Augusta, Maine, as a downmarket "mail order" title; it lasted at least until at least 1932, when it seems to have been merged into GOOD STORIES.